TDTU INSPiRE Library is committed to providing high-quality services for all library users, but an excellent educational experience depends on a close and effective partnership. Ton Duc Thang University Library’s General Regulations, as outlined below, describes the expectations, standards and responsibilities of both partners.
The term “users” (or “library users”) refers to eligible TDTU members, include:
- Undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates who’ve passed the Pre-test Library Skills Assessment.
- University staff/faculties who work/teach at TDTU.
- Visitors, who may use the Library resources based on the letter of guarantee from the institution indicating research can be studied in INSPiRE Library.
- The term “librarians” (or “library staff”) refers to group of employers who work officially at TDTU INSPiRE Library.
- The term "material" means any material, including electronic material, owned by or in the possession or custody of the INSPiRE Library.
III. General regulations
1. The rights and obligations of users
1.1. Users rights
Users are entitled to:
- Use library collections and resources, including digital;
- Get help and information about services;
- Provide suggestions for improving the operations;
- Participate in events, programs held by Library.
1.2. User obligations
- Users must return borrowed items on time in as good condition as when they were checked out;
- Users must avoid tearing or bending pages, cutting pages out of books, or making any signs records, etc.;
- Items must be return in their original location on the bookshelf when users release the Library.
- Smoking, eating, and drinking are not allowed in the library. Only drink bottles with a cap that could be tightly closed are permitted.
- In the Ground, food and drinks purchased at Cafeteria are to be consumed within the area.
- Do not misuse or meddle with equipment, facility, and others provided by INSPiRE Library.
- Silence must be observed in the public areas of the library. All mobile devices and watch alarms should be switched to the silent mode before entering the library.
- Calling is permitted in phone booth only.
- Users should be in appropriate attire when entering the building;
- Library materials must not be removed from the library building unless they have been properly issued through the self-service checkout station. Appropriate action will be taken by TDTU against offenders;
- Library membership cards are not transferable. Users must present their card at the access control gate to enter the library. Users are to keep their Library membership card safely and ensure that their card is not used by anyone else. A card holder is not permitted to use his/her card to authorize the entry of another person into the library;
- Loss of library membership cards must be reported immediately to Department of Student Affairs. Members shall be liable for any transactions resulting from the unauthorized use of their library membership cards occurring before the loss or theft is reported;
- Users must comply with the requirements of the library staff and guards;
1.3. Library users are responsible for:
- Damaging of the library materials and technical equipment, furniture, computers and other library property. In case of causing damage to the library property, there is a financial, administrative liability;
- Violating library regulations may result in temporary or permanent loss of library privileges.
2. The rights and obligations of library staff
2.1. The Library obligations
- Inform users on all types of services provided by the Library;
- Promote educational work of learners and researchers by providing them advice and assistance;
- Provide good conditions of library spaces, furniture, and equipment;
- Have positive attitude toward library users at all times. Do not behave in a way that causes or is likely to cause inconvenience, annoyance, or offence to library users.
2.2. Library Rights
- The Library reserves the right to cancel reservations, loans, requests and to limit or withdraw a user’s privilege without prior notice for any reason deemed appropriate by the Library.
- Library staff may ask a user to leave the Library if he/she is inappropriately dressed or are causing a disturbance to others;
- The Library reserves the right to reject new applications and/or the renewal of library memberships, including access to all digital resources.
- Any book, file, bag or any other personal belongings of library users, which are left unattended, will be removed.
- The Library will not be responsible for the loss of any personal belongings of users in the Library.